Sunday, September 6, 2020

Court Street

Court Street ~ L'assemblage by Michael Douglas Jones  ©2020
Original artwork SOLD / Gallery 322 



    The rumble of the railcars on East Street, the rattle of the wagons on Market, the banter and chatter inside the city keeps a man from thinking beyond the busyness of the morning, so by dayend, I search for solace down the moss tinged cobblestone of Court Street toward the Carroll creek once more, to hear the calming rush and roll of water, to sit upon a cedar bench.

My old friend, the cedar bench; the two of us, grayed with age, waiting for the moon to rise.  We sit silent, as audience to the sunset songs of cricket, frog, and creek; I collect my thoughts, which are always of you.

Here, by the water, under the black walnut, with the scent of sassafras, I buy brief passage to another time, a long ago September, when you would simply seduce every sense I possess.

                                    

                                                ~ Michael Douglas Jones



Frederick in Spires

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a gift beyond measure.