Wednesday, December 7, 2011

To Leave the War House Locked

To Leave the War House Locked ~ original oil painting by Michael Douglas Jones


Day 7  #reverb11 Forgiveness


In my past, there was a warehouse where I stored my weapons of war.  My anger and hurt were in there, with my drawn out plans of vengeance against those that had wronged me.  I locked it deep inside me as I went about my days, and now the lock has rusted shut; I cannot get back in, and I've forgotten what I was fighting about.

Perhaps it is time to forgive those that have wronged me and to leave the war house locked.



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this painting. I also love this idea, that forgiveness might not always be a choice, but a necessity. The only way to go. Forward. Onward.
    Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man. houses as places as hearts as paintings. this is amazing. love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the painting too! Wow! You are multi talented. Love the painting. I actually said the word "wow" when I opened this blog post. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the other comments, the visual along with your words really paints the full picture of your sentiment. Locked away for all time...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift beyond measure. If for any reason, your comment won't go through, email your comment to: michaeldouglasjones@facebook.com