Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Poet Heart


Reverb13 Day3: What does your heart have to tell you?




Oh, Pensée, give me a poet heart, tucked up my sleeve, to tell my secrets with its rhythm; a heart that listens to the new moon night of crow black sky and rain wet winds. This pinewood cot is old and cold, and slashes at my wishes; I am lost here in this wounded room, until you can return. You wear your heart sewn in your sleeve, the stitches deep beneath your skin; the pain is in your poetry, and your rhythm in the pulsing. I hold my hands tight on my heart; I swear I do, I listen, but all I hear are screams and whispers from somewhere deeper than these walls and windows.



6 comments:

  1. oh this is beautiful and heartwrenching. I want to hug you or at least sit quietly by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart is magnificent in all its poetry. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poet''s heart is always heart wrenching. The depth of your words always endless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like others have said heart wrenching. Your words always seem to reach deep down into the core of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to say anything left that you did not and I don't have anything to say except thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift beyond measure.