Monday, December 2, 2013

The Manna Wheel


Reverb13 Day2: The way we nourish ourselves determines our ability to shine our light in the world. And nourishment doesn't just come in the form of food and drink and sunshine; it's equally important to nourish your spirit. What made your soul feel most nourished this year?



Winter wind blows the last russet leaf from the redbud, revealing, in the vein of branches, two tiny nests from the spring before that still hold tight with moss and mud, each smaller than an open palm, offering a cup of circling seasons. A rounded nest, a cracked bowl, a wooden spoon, a cupped hand, an open palm; each and all hold the sustenance I seek. Overflowing; possessing nothing.



3 comments:

  1. As my compatriot, Nikos Kazantzakis once said: I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really felt this, beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cup of circling seasons... oh how I love that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift beyond measure.