Friday, August 13, 2010

Free Friday: White House Invitation


Living close to Washington, D.C. means that much of our TV news coverage centers around politics and the White House, because it is local news. There is a story here about White House party crashers that won’t go away. Their fifteen minutes of fame is into overtime. Today, I offer for your free use in projects, a 1947 invitation envelope from the Truman White House. I have the invitation as well, but I am always more interested in stamps and envelopes. I have removed the original recipient’s address and given you two versions. Give the image a click or two to download the hi-res file; print it on high resolution paper, and then fold and glue the edges back. Fill in an address to create a trompe l’oeil conversation piece.

1 comment:

  1. I've been slacking on my Free Fridays.....
    I love this!
    I may have to have a free Monday and Friday this week....sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift beyond measure.